About Jeff Patton
"My passion is to help churches thrive. I am committed to the
churches that I consult with and I am thankful for the successes I'm able to foster and observe."
Jeff has over 30 years experience as a pastor and transformational leader. He has led the
transformation of four congregations which he pastored and consulted and coached hundreds of other congregations of all denominations.
In addition, Jeff's background includes the following:
- Associate of Easum Bandy & Associates, a nationally renowned Church Consulting Firm
- Director of Christian Counseling Clinic, Inc, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- Church Growth Consultant for nine years
- Published Author
- Seminar Leader
- Contemporary Praise Band Director and Worship Leader
On a more technical, hands-on level, Jeff Patton has completed the following:
- Certified to conduct The Complete Ministry Audit by Bill Easum and Tom Bandy's
assessment tool Facing Reality.
- Designed a weekend seminar entitled Preparing God's People. The purpose of the
seminar is to equip pastors and laity for effective ministry in the 21st century.
- Published articles in: Contemporary Worship: A Sourcebook ("Contemporary
Worship in a Rural Setting") and Net Results ("Multiple Services, Multiple Opportunities",
"Top Ten Things To Do Before You Leave")
- In 2002 Abingdon Press published his book, If It Could Happen Here... describing
the transformation of the East Canton Congregation.
- In September 2005, Jeff's book on worship, God at The Crossroads, was published by Abingdon Press.
- Jeff's book, Surviving Local Church Wars: Handling Conflict in Transitioning Congregations,
will be released in 2010.
Jeff attended Lycoming College in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, where he graduated
with honors in 1976. He received his Master of Divinity (M. Div.) in 1980 from
Princeton Theological Seminary and was ordained in 1981. In 1983 he received a Master
of Theology in Pastoral Counseling (Th. M.) from Union Theological Seminary in
Virginia. In 1986 he completed the residency portion of the Doctor of Philosophy
degree (Ph. D.) in Personality and Pastoral Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary.
Jeff is unique, able to connect with people on an emotional and spiritual level.
He has been a Worship Leader and director of a praise & worship band that held weekly services
packed with young adults and families. Jeff also helped found and develop a
thriving counseling center, the Christian Counseling Clinic, Inc., in central
Pennsylvania. He helps over 200 individuals and families each year heal,
grow and experience the fullness of Christian life.
Click below to learn more about Jeff Patton:
Worship Leader |